TATA Steel Richard Burton Virtual 10k 2020
30 October 2020
November 1st 2020 would have seen the 38th edition of the Tata Steel Richard Burton 10k and Runtech Kevin Webber Mini Miler. Unfortunately, due to the current environment the race will no longer go ahead in its usual format.
The Race is and always will be foremost about communities coming together to celebrate Running, Charity and Welsh Heritage. Sadly, these are all the things that Covid 19 has put a terrible strain upon. So, although we won't physically be together on the day we'd like to get together Virtually over that weekend with both a 10k run and a Mini Miler event for the children. All profit from the virtual events will help us to continue to support the many community groups and individuals that rely on us.
Our main Sponsors, Tata Steel and Runtech, are still supporting us fully along with our chip timing Company, Full on Sport, and t-shirt company, Direct Source. Now more than ever, we need to support those companies that have supported us over the years.
This year we will also have a totally unique T-shirt for both the 10k and the Mini Miler so be sure not to miss out.
We once again thank you for your continued support during this difficult time.
Yours in sport
Running the event
We are running the virtual event from 6am Friday 30th October until midnight on Sunday 1st november 2020 – the 10k must be completed in one session.
Entries will be open until midnight on 30th October and will be £15. This includes the booking charge.
The run can take place around any 10k circuit of your choice.
Your times must be submitted by midnight on 1st November 2020.
See the Richard Burton 10k website for further information about the course, links to social media, charity activities, past events and more.
Brief Rules: (See terms and conditions for full rules)
1) Anyone over age 15 can enter (we do ask that under 18's are appropriately supervised by an adult and the Mini Miler race is open to all ages)
2) Complete the run in a single session and record evidence of the run.
3) Submit the run evidence to your entry on Fullonsport. To do this, login to your Full On Sport profile, go to your entries where there is a button next to the entry of the event that says ‘submit evidence’. Submit the time of the run and an attachment of the evidence (this can be a picture of your sports watch or a screenshot from Strava etc. showing the exact distance and time).
4) Once all entries have been submitted, a leader board will be generated, based on the times and evidence submitted, and posted on the Full on Sport site for this race
5) Your t-shirt and coaster will be posted to your registration address. (Please allow up to 14/11/2020 for printing and delivery)
6) Runners will be responsible for all aspects of safety relating to their run.
|Virtual Run entry fee||05-Oct-2020||30-Oct-2020||£15.00|
Registration open from: 00:00:00